How long does it take to get the results from a mammogram?

Results from a mammogram are required within 30 days of the screening.

It takes seven days or less to get the results from a mammogram.

Typically, a mammogram is interpreted by the radiologist within 24 hours, and the results are sent to the ordering physician. Depending on the method of delivery, the only other delay may be the time until the physician reads the report and conveys the results to the patient.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Worst Case Scenario . . . I Left My Tampon In Too Long
When you’re having a busy day, changing your tampon can be the last thing on your mind. Waiting too long to change it, however, can lead to serious he...
Can women have sleep apnea?
Fred Y. Lin, MDFred Y. Lin, MD
Yes, anyone, including woman and children, can develop sleep apnea. With women, their risk for devel...
The Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than Men
The Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than MenThe Surprising Ways STIs Impact Women Differently Than Men
The unique ways women are affected by STIs, plus tips on prevention.
Who Is at Risk for Fibroids?
Who Is at Risk for Fibroids?