How can exercise affect my fertility?

If you exercise like it's your job, you might be hindering your fertility. Vigorous exercise prevents ovulation. You will know by the irregularity of your menstrual cycles. No ovulation means nobody's going to be putting any cribs together anytime soon.

Talk to your doctor to see how you can modify your exercise plan to restore your normal pattern. While it's obviously important to stay healthy and exercise, in general we don't think you should run more than 10 miles per week (or the equivalent). Because every woman's baseline fitness level is different and every pregnancy is different, it's impossible to know for sure how much is too much for your body and baby.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Women's Health

When Brazilians Backfire and Other Close Shave Hazards
Cameron Diaz caused a ruckus a while back when she wrote in The Body Book that women should avoid irreversible beauty trends like lasering off their p...
How is digital mammography different from a mammogram?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Mammography continues to be the best screening method available for breast cancer. Improvements in i...
7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women
7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women7 Best Anti-Aging Foods for Women
Can Endometriosis Affect Pregnancy?
Can Endometriosis Affect Pregnancy?