How can exercise affect my fertility?

If you exercise like it's your job, you might be hindering your fertility. Vigorous exercise prevents ovulation. You will know by the irregularity of your menstrual cycles. No ovulation means nobody's going to be putting any cribs together anytime soon.

Talk to your doctor to see how you can modify your exercise plan to restore your normal pattern. While it's obviously important to stay healthy and exercise, in general we don't think you should run more than 10 miles per week (or the equivalent). Because every woman's baseline fitness level is different and every pregnancy is different, it's impossible to know for sure how much is too much for your body and baby.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Why Is My Period So Heavy?
Why Is My Period So Heavy?
Heavy or prolonged periods can be uncomfortable, but for some women they may be downright disabling, making it difficult to do everyday activities. In...
What does the doctor look for in a mammogram?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
During a mammogram, doctors are looking for signs of breast cancer and measuring breast density.
Things No One Tells You About Menopause
Things No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About Menopause
Hair in weird places, “menopause brain” and other wonders of the female body. 
What Are the Risks of Bisphenol A (BPA)?