No. Douching should only be used for feminine hygiene. If you think that you may have an infection then you should decide if it is a yeast or bacterial vaginal infection. A yeast infection can be treated with a three day course of an over the counter antifungal medication. A bacterial infection needs to be evaluated by a doctor because it might need to be treated with oral or vaginal antibiotics.
- Q Can douching decrease my chances of having a healthy pregnancy?
- Q Who should use vaginal lubricants?
- Q How can medication affect my vagina?
- Q Is it normal for my vagina to fall asleep from sitting too long?
- Q What are some tips for preventing vaginal infections?
- Q What is the treatment for thinning vaginal walls?