No. Douching should only be used for feminine hygiene. If you think that you may have an infection then you should decide if it is a yeast or bacterial vaginal infection. A yeast infection can be treated with a three day course of an over the counter antifungal medication. A bacterial infection needs to be evaluated by a doctor because it might need to be treated with oral or vaginal antibiotics.
- Q How do I check for thinning vaginal walls?
- Q How can I tell if my vaginal discharge is normal?
- Q What are vaginal lubricants?
- Q How can I take care of my vulva and vagina?
- Q How do my vaginal walls change with age?
- Q What are the risks of using vaginal lubricants?