No. Douching should only be used for feminine hygiene. If you think that you may have an infection then you should decide if it is a yeast or bacterial vaginal infection. A yeast infection can be treated with a three day course of an over the counter antifungal medication. A bacterial infection needs to be evaluated by a doctor because it might need to be treated with oral or vaginal antibiotics.
- Q Why should I avoid using a douche to clean my vagina?
- Q Why is it important to know about my vagina?
- Q What causes burning vagina symptoms?
- Q What is the treatment for thinning vaginal walls?
- Q How do I check for thinning vaginal walls?
- Q Can douching help me in treating the odor from my vagina?