No. Douching should only be used for feminine hygiene. If you think that you may have an infection then you should decide if it is a yeast or bacterial vaginal infection. A yeast infection can be treated with a three day course of an over the counter antifungal medication. A bacterial infection needs to be evaluated by a doctor because it might need to be treated with oral or vaginal antibiotics.
- Q Should I let my doctor know if I am using a vaginal lubricant?
- Q Who should not use vaginal lubricants?
- Q Can douching decrease my chances of having a healthy pregnancy?
- Q What are the treatments for atrophy of the vulva and vagina?
- Q What causes burning vagina symptoms?
- Q What happens in vaginal atrophy?