Should I consider seeing a doctor if I notice changes in my breasts?

Things that change hormone levels will change your breasts, and so a lot of women will notice changes at childbirth, just after having a baby or when they're entering menopause, going through menopause; and those are all reasons to get your breast checked out.

Breast cancer is the thing that people are most concerned about. We certainly want to rule that out, if there's any complaint. But I see women who have complaints of other lumps that are not cancer, breast pain, nipple changes and changes in the shapes of their breast.

The information, opinions, and recommendations presented in this article have been compiled from a podcast and are for general information only.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911.This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Women's Health

Women's Health

Did you know that women are more likely to seek medical care than men? Sexual health needs, like pregnancy and contraception, often necessitate early visits to a doctor. But as we age, various health issues affect women more than ...

men, including depression, weight problems, and certain types of arthritis.In order to maintain your health and wellness, make sure you get an annual checkup.