What can x-rays of my wisdom teeth show?

Your dentist or oral surgeon may order X-rays of your wisdom teeth to identify the relationship between them and surrounding teeth. X-rays also reveal how close your upper teeth are to your sinuses and your lower teeth to a nerve in your jaw. The X-rays may also detect infections, tumors, or disease.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth

What are wisdom teeth?
Dr. Supriya VermaDr. Supriya Verma
Wisdom teeth are the last Molar teeth to erupt in the back of your mouth. They are also referred to ...
Why are the third molars called wisdom teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The majority of people have most of their permanent teeth by age 13, followed by the wisdom teeth, w...
What factors should I discuss with my dentist about my wisdom teeth?
As part of a dental visit, your dentist will examine you to determine if your wisdom teeth are healt...
When is it necessary to have wisdom teeth removed?
Wisdom teeth are a valuable asset to the mouth when they are healthy and properly positioned. Often,...