Are there any concerns about having wisdom teeth removed too early?

Some surgeons may recommend that wisdom teeth be removed in children around age 12, but typically the jaw is still growing and the teeth are buried deep in the bone at that age. This can makes the procedure more complicated.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth

If I keep my wisdom teeth, am I more likely to have dental problems later?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Wisdom teeth that are not removed should continue to be monitored, because the potential for develop...
Should I be concerned about the nerves around my wisdom tooth?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
The location of the inferior alveolar nerve in the lower jaw is of concern when contemplating the re...
What is an impacted wisdom tooth?
An impacted wisdom tooth cannot break through the surface of the gums due to a number of restriction...
How do evolution opponents explain our lessening reliance on wisdom teeth?
Experts who are skeptical of evolution usually attribute our lessening reliance on wisdom teeth ...