Is there any way to tell if my wisdom teeth will erupt?

Unfortunately, there are no good predictors of which third molars will erupt or grow and what that may mean for your oral health. Even after you get older, your wisdom teeth remain unpredictable and could grow through your gums at any time.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth

What factors should I discuss with my dentist about my wisdom teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
As part of a dental visit, your dentist will examine you to determine if your wisdom teeth are healt...
When should I be concerned about my teenager's wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth, also referred to as third molars, get their name by being the last teeth to come in du...
What are the pros and cons of extracting all of my wisdom teeth?
If you have all of your wisdom teeth extracted, you can avoid potential problems with them in the fu...
How is a wisdom tooth problem treated?
The most common treatment for wisdom teeth is removal. Your dentist or specialist may recommend remo...