Individuals with wisdom teeth will have 32 teeth. The wisdom teeth or third molars will be the very back teeth on the top and bottom left and right. Sometimes, the third molars do not erupt, and the teeth stay in the jawbone where you cannot see them. Your dentist can take x-rays to determine if you have third molars if they are not visible.
- Q If I keep my wisdom teeth, am I more likely to have dental problems later?
- Q Do wisdom teeth have a different function than other teeth?
- Q Can I extract just one problem wisdom tooth and leave the others?
- Q Why are wisdom teeth more likely to get impacted?
- Q What can I expect after having my wisdom teeth extracted?
- Q What are the pros and cons of leaving my wisdom teeth in?