Individuals with wisdom teeth will have 32 teeth. The wisdom teeth or third molars will be the very back teeth on the top and bottom left and right. Sometimes, the third molars do not erupt, and the teeth stay in the jawbone where you cannot see them. Your dentist can take x-rays to determine if you have third molars if they are not visible.
- Q Who makes the decision whether wisdom teeth should be extracted?
- Q Why are the third molars called wisdom teeth?
- Q How do evolution opponents explain our lessening reliance on wisdom teeth?
- Q Do wisdom teeth have a different function than other teeth?
- Q Are wisdom teeth vestigial organs?
- Q When should I be concerned about my teenager's wisdom teeth?