How do I care for my wisdom teeth if I keep them?

Because wisdom teeth are located far in the back of the mouth, they can be difficult to brush or floss. Talk to your dentist about caring for your wisdom teeth. He or she can show you how to properly take care of them and can track the progress and condition of your teeth. Wisdom teeth that are healthy and properly positioned can be an asset.
If you decide to keep your wisdom teeth after they grow in, make sure that you brush and floss regularly, taking special care to reach the far back of your mouth where the wisdom teeth reside. Visit the dentist often to monitor any changes.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth

Are there any concerns about having wisdom teeth removed too early?
Some surgeons may recommend that wisdom teeth be removed in children around age 12, but typically th...
How do I know if I have wisdom teeth?
Most adults have their wisdom teeth (called third molars), or they have had them removed. If you...
What are the pros and cons of leaving my wisdom teeth in?
If you take a wait-and-see approach and leave your wisdom teeth alone, you may avoid unnecessary sur...
Are impacted wisdom teeth serious?
An impacted wisdom tooth can lead to complications if it is left untreated. More specifically, impac...