How do I care for my wisdom teeth if I keep them?

Because wisdom teeth are located far in the back of the mouth, they can be difficult to brush or floss. Talk to your dentist about caring for your wisdom teeth. He or she can show you how to properly take care of them and can track the progress and condition of your teeth. Wisdom teeth that are healthy and properly positioned can be an asset.
If you decide to keep your wisdom teeth after they grow in, make sure that you brush and floss regularly, taking special care to reach the far back of your mouth where the wisdom teeth reside. Visit the dentist often to monitor any changes.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth

What are the risks of removing wisdom teeth?
Many of the risks involving the removal of wisdom teeth are similar to risks associated with other t...
What factors should I discuss with my dentist about my wisdom teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
As part of a dental visit, your dentist will examine you to determine if your wisdom teeth are healt...
Should wisdom teeth be removed?
Wisdom teeth that don’t fully erupt or that grow in sideways can lead to tooth decay, infection ...
What are wisdom tooth problems?
Every patient is unique, but in general, wisdom teeth may need to be removed when there is evidence ...