What factors should I discuss with my dentist about my wisdom teeth?

As part of a dental visit, your dentist will examine you to determine if your wisdom teeth are healthy and properly positioned.

Every patient is unique, but notify your dentist if you experience any of these problems, which may indicate that a wisdom tooth needs removed:
  • pain
  • infection
  • cysts
  • tumors
  • damage to adjacent teeth
  • gum disease
  • tooth decay (if it is not possible or desirable to restore the tooth)
RealAge
Administration
If you are thinking about having your wisdom teeth extracted, ask your surgeon how many teeth need to be removed, how long the procedure will last, and about potential complications. Make sure you inquire about additional treatments you may need and discuss healing and recovery.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth