What will happen if my child’s cough isn’t treated?

Any child with a prolonged cough (more than 10 days) should be seen by his regular doctor. The doctor can focus on what is causing the cough and treat it as needed. A prolonged cough could be a sign of a more serious infection and breathing problems.

Continue Learning about Whooping Cough

What You Need To Know About Whooping Cough
Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a serious respiratory infection that can jeopardize the health of babies, children and adults. Learn all about whoopi...
Should I talk to my doctor about my whooping cough (pertussis) symptoms?
If you have whooping cough symptoms, it is very important that you talk to your doctor. Whooping cou...
What are the symptoms of whooping cough (pertussis) in children?
The Woman's Hospital of TexasThe Woman's Hospital of Texas
Pertussis has three stages of infection. During the first couple of weeks, the symptoms are similar ...
How Effective Are Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Vaccines?