(The presence of the CDC logo and CDC content on this page should not be construed to imply endorsement by the U.S. government of any commercial products or services, or to replace the advice of a medical professional. The mark “CDC” is licensed under authority of the PHS.)
- Q Can I develop whooping cough (pertussis) as an adult?
- Q How do medications treat whooping cough?
- Q How does whooping cough (pertussis) affect the body?
- Q Does whooping cough (pertussis) affect children differently than adults?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my whooping cough (pertussis) symptoms?
- Q What will happen if my child’s cough isn’t treated?