(The presence of the CDC logo and CDC content on this page should not be construed to imply endorsement by the U.S. government of any commercial products or services, or to replace the advice of a medical professional. The mark “CDC” is licensed under authority of the PHS.)
- Q Can I develop whooping cough (pertussis) as an adult?
- Q What will happen if my child’s cough isn’t treated?
- Q Does whooping cough (pertussis) affect children differently than adults?
- Q When should I call the doctor about my child’s cough?
- Q How serious are the consequences of whooping cough outbreaks?
- Q How does whooping cough (pertussis) affect the body?