How can I protect my children from pertussis (whooping cough)?

The best way to prevent pertussis (whooping cough) is to get vaccinated. Parents can also help protect infants by keeping them away as much as possible from anyone who has cold symptoms or is coughing.

Continue Learning about Whooping Cough

How to Prevent Whooping Cough
How to Prevent Whooping Cough
Pertussis, nicknamed “whooping cough” thanks to the whoop-like sound a sufferer makes after a coughing fit, is a highly contagious and potentially ser...
How serious are the consequences of whooping cough outbreaks?
One example of the seriousness of vaccine-preventable diseases is the increase in whooping cough (pe...
Does whooping cough (pertussis) affect children differently than adults?
Dale M. Valentine, MDDale M. Valentine, MD
Whooping cough or pertussis can cause a very irritating cough that can last for months in adults. So...
Put a Stop to Whooping Cough's Comeback
Put a Stop to Whooping Cough's Comeback