What are normal amounts of bleeding after a C-section?

Linda S. Katz, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
After a caesarean section, bleeding is comparable to what you see with a vaginal birth. In this video, I will explain why there might be even less bleeding after a C-section delivery.

Continue Learning about What Will Happen After Delivery & Pregnancy

When will the provider cut the cord?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
After birth, your baby is still attached by the umbilical cord to the placenta inside you. There's n...
Why do I feel hot just before delivery?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Transition is the stage of labor just before it is time to push the baby out and mom is usually arou...
When should I expect to see my doctor again after delivering my baby?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
After delivering your baby, you can expect to see your doctor again in six weeks. During your six we...
Why is it important to remove the remaining placenta from the uterus?
Sometimes there is a delay in the delivery of the placenta after the baby has been born. In other in...