What is monogamy?

Monogamy was initially defined as the practice of being married to only one person during your lifetime. In modern times, monogamy also refers to both the practice of being married to one person at a time. Today, monogamy can refer both to marriage or relationships that last for an extended length of time.

Continue Learning about Monogamy

What is sexual monogamy?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
When you have only one sexual partner, that is sexual monomgomy ('mono' means one). Back in the day,...
Should I leave my partner if he is not ready for monogamy?
Paul  Hokemeyer, PhDPaul Hokemeyer, PhD
It depends on how long you have been together, what your intentions are for the relationship and if ...
Does monogamy help to treat pre-existing STDs?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Monogamy does not help treat existing STDs in any way! Even if you and your partner enter into a rel...
Is monogamy an effective way to prevent HIV?
If you are in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner, you can effectively prevent HIV ...