Should I talk to my doctor about monogamy?

Talking with your doctor about the benefits of monogamy in preventing the spread of sexually transmitted diseases is a good idea. Your physician will be able to answer questions about alternative prevention approaches and the assessment of risk in selecting a sexual partner. Your doctor may also advise you on supplemental prevention methods you can use while practicing monogamy.

Continue Learning about Monogamy

If I practice monogamy, should I get tested for STDs and HIV?
Even if you've been practicing monogamy, regular testing for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) an...
Is monogamy in humans a matter of biology?
Humans are not genetically predisposed to monogamy. One reason humans may practice monogamy is becau...
How effective is serial monogamy against the spread of STDs?
Traditionally defined monogamy involves selecting a single mate for the duration of your lifetime. S...
Is monogamy an effective way to prevent HIV?
If you are in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner, you can effectively prevent HIV ...