What should I do if I suspect a child is being abused?

If you suspect that your child or another child is being abused, report it to the proper authorities. When reporting child abuse to the appropriate authorities, it is important to have the following information
  • what happened
  • when it happened
  • where it happened
  • who did it
  • their relationship to the child
You will be asked for some identifying information such as your name, address, where you work and how the child disclosed. All of your identifying information will be kept confidential.

Continue Learning about Child Abuse

Child Abuse

In most cases of child abuse, the abuser is someone the child knows; parent, relative, or family friend. Abuse can be emotional, neglect, sexual, or physical abuse. All types of abuse can cause permanent mental or emotional damage ...

to the child as they age. Many will turn to alcohol or drug use, and some may become withdrawn and depressed.