How do I know if my child is being abused in a relationship?

Leigh Vinocur, MD
Emergency Medicine
Signs you might notice if your child is being abused in a relationship include depression, mood swings, truancy and problems in school, isolation from friends and family, use of drugs and alcohol as well as physical signs of injury.

Continue Learning about Child Abuse

Hidden Signs of Child Abuse
Hidden Signs of Child Abuse
Every year, there are around 700,000 confirmed cases of child abuse in the United States. Three-quarters of these children that experienced abuse also...
How the Impact of Child Abuse Extends Into Adulthood
Adults who have experienced early childhood abuse or neglect often find that the mental and physical consequences of this trauma persist well into adu...
How does child abuse affect chronic disease?
ChildhelpChildhelp
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) links adverse childhood experiences (which...
How can our family protect my child from potential abuse?
ChildhelpChildhelp
Your family can protect your child from potential abuse by following a model that many groups use to...