How do I know if my child is being abused in a relationship?

Leigh Vinocur, MD
Emergency Medicine
Signs you might notice if your child is being abused in a relationship include depression, mood swings, truancy and problems in school, isolation from friends and family, use of drugs and alcohol as well as physical signs of injury.

Continue Learning about Child Abuse

Child Abuse

In most cases of child abuse, the abuser is someone the child knows; parent, relative, or family friend. Abuse can be emotional, neglect, sexual, or physical abuse. All types of abuse can cause permanent mental or emotional damage ...

to the child as they age. Many will turn to alcohol or drug use, and some may become withdrawn and depressed.