Why do many people neglect leisure time?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Even though leisure is essential to our well-being, we often devalue and dismiss our need for unstructured time because our culture encourages us to be doers and builders, not dreamers and reflectors. Productivity and self-sacrifice are rewarded, and reflection and renewal are discouraged.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Wellness

Bonus Calories or Fitness Myth? The Truth About Afterburn
What is afterburn? The afterburn effect has been intensely debated in the fitness and medical communities for over a century, with countless studies a...
Does my body have its own intelligence?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Your body, that thing you've been referring to as a tub of lard, is actually a miracle of the finest...
5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness
5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness
These five measurements can determine whether you thrive or just survive.
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?