Why is it important for me to move each day if my lifestyle is sedentary?
Heidi Skolnik, MS
Sports Medicine
It's important to move each day if your lifestyle is sedentary, because it's dangerous to sit too long without moving. In this video, nutrition specialist Heidi Skolnik explains the risks in being sedentary, and gives simple tips to get moving. 

Continue Learning about Wellness

Wellness

Wellness

Wellness is a difficult word to define. Traditionally wellness has meant the opposite of illness and the absence of disease and disability. More recently wellness has come to describe something that you have personal control over. ...

Wellness is now a word used to describe living the best possible life you can regardless of whether you have a disease or disability. Your wellness is not only related to your physical health, but is a combination of things including spiritual wellness, social wellness, mental wellness and emotional wellness. Wellness is seen as a combination of mind, body and spirit. Different people may have different ideas about wellness. There is no single set standard for wellness and wellness is a difficult thing to quantify.