What are the symptoms of burnout?

Identify the symptoms of burnout and learn new ways to keep a meltdown at bay:
  • Emotional exhaustion. This symptom presents with the feeling of being emotionally drained, as if you feel you've got nothing left to give, even when dealing with the people and relationships that matter to you most.
  • Depersonalization. You feel mechanical and robotic. It's as if you're just going through the motions to survive the day. You feel as if your normal self has disappeared.
  • A sense of diminished personal accomplishment. Chronic stress can result in you feeling that you just can't get anything right. You may feel that you are failing at your job or in your relationships. You've become very hard on yourself.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Wellness

How 10 Minutes Can Change Your Life
How 10 Minutes Can Change Your Life
Ready for an intensive, all-encompassing process to change your life? Yeah, me neither. Kind of tough to fit in, between prepping the presentation fo...
How are free radicals created and stimulated?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Free radicals are created as a normal part of metabolism, as the body turns food into energy. We h...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5.
Should I Cleanse Or Detox My Body?
Should I Cleanse Or Detox My Body?