What are the symptoms of burnout?

Identify the symptoms of burnout and learn new ways to keep a meltdown at bay:
  • Emotional exhaustion. This symptom presents with the feeling of being emotionally drained, as if you feel you've got nothing left to give, even when dealing with the people and relationships that matter to you most.
  • Depersonalization. You feel mechanical and robotic. It's as if you're just going through the motions to survive the day. You feel as if your normal self has disappeared.
  • A sense of diminished personal accomplishment. Chronic stress can result in you feeling that you just can't get anything right. You may feel that you are failing at your job or in your relationships. You've become very hard on yourself.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Wellness

The Latest on Telemedicine and Plant-Based Diets
Q: When my daughter came down with pink eye, I downloaded the Cleveland Clinic’s Express Care app and, wow! We got to see a doctor online; he diagnose...
What can motivate me to change my behavior?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
That's an excellent question because what motivated your friend or family member might not motivate ...
Your City Could Reduce These Health Risks, Says Gallup Study
Your City Could Reduce These Health Risks, Says Gallup StudyYour City Could Reduce These Health Risks, Says Gallup StudyYour City Could Reduce These Health Risks, Says Gallup StudyYour City Could Reduce These Health Risks, Says Gallup Study
Your environment has a relationship to your health and well-being.
What Are Some Natural Remedies for Body Aches?