What can I do now to prevent chronic health problems when I'm old?

The best thing you can do for yourself to prevent chronic illnesses in the future is to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. You should also see your primary care doctor regularly. Your doctor can perform recommended screening exams to check for health problems. The earlier a problem is found, the quicker it can be treated.
While you’re young, you can avoid chronic problems years down the road. Adopting a healthy lifestyle as early as possible includes healthy eating, regular exercise and preventive physicals. It’s important to stay ahead of the game with preventive physical exams and health screenings, depending on your age group.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Wellness

Wellness

Wellness is a difficult word to define. Traditionally wellness has meant the opposite of illness and the absence of disease and disability. More recently wellness has come to describe something that you have personal control over. ...

Wellness is now a word used to describe living the best possible life you can regardless of whether you have a disease or disability. Your wellness is not only related to your physical health, but is a combination of things including spiritual wellness, social wellness, mental wellness and emotional wellness. Wellness is seen as a combination of mind, body and spirit. Different people may have different ideas about wellness. There is no single set standard for wellness and wellness is a difficult thing to quantify.