What can I do now to prevent chronic health problems when I'm old?

The best thing you can do for yourself to prevent chronic illnesses in the future is to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. You should also see your primary care doctor regularly. Your doctor can perform recommended screening exams to check for health problems. The earlier a problem is found, the quicker it can be treated.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Well-Being in the United States: The Obama Years
This article, written in conjunction with Gallup, is a five-part exploration into the changes in Americans’ health and well-being during the presidenc...
How can I manage change?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
Change is inevitable and is a necessary part of life. The important thing is to be patient with ...
Health Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50s
Health Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50s
Detect diseases early with these crucial tests for both men and women.
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?