What can I do now to prevent chronic health problems when I'm old?

The best thing you can do for yourself to prevent chronic illnesses in the future is to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. You should also see your primary care doctor regularly. Your doctor can perform recommended screening exams to check for health problems. The earlier a problem is found, the quicker it can be treated.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: Cardio Rehabilitation and Risks of Screen Time
Q: My grandmother recently suffered a “minor” heart attack followed with a stent placement. She’s scared about a recommended cardio rehab program. Wha...
What are self-limited symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
This term means that symptoms are harmless, expected to resolve on their own, and either require no ...
5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness
5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness
These five measurements can determine whether you thrive or just survive.
What's the Main Cause of Health Attitudes in this Country?