What do life coaches specialize in?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
The Life Coach specializes in helping a client find the answers from within themselves. A life coach is not a consultant and they are not a therapist. They help people set goals and then hold them accountable so they can reach their potential. Sometimes people just get overwhelmed with the whole process of life. They loose their ability to see the forest for the trees. The professional life coach specializes in helping the individual create a clearing and move forward with authenticity to find their true north.   

Life coaches specialize in helping people explore, develop, and achieve goals. They draw their skills from areas such as sociology, psychology, career counseling, and mentoring. These areas prepare a life coach to implement assessments, teach behavior modification, and assist their clients in setting goals.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: Protecting Your Heart and False Positive Drug Testing
Q: My friend Linda ended up in the hospital after a heart attack. She’s only 42 and I never thought that could happen to a woman who was that young. N...
Ask Oz and Roizen: Alternatives to Sugary Drinks and AFib Treatments
Q: My son and his bicycling and skateboarding buds have all fallen under the spell of marketing campaigns for sodas and power and sports drinks. I can...
Ask Oz and Roizen: The Climate’s Effect on Allergies, and Diagnosing Narcolepsy
Q: My allergies are coming sooner, lasting longer and getting worse every year. Is it just me? —Amanda Y., Tampa, FL A: If you think your seasonal al...
What Are Some Natural Remedies for Body Aches?