What are the possible benefits of work-life balance?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
When a company promotes work-life balance for its employees, it benefits the employees, their families, and that all-important bottom line. A corporation that focuses on work-life balance provides a "benefits package" that does not add to the cost of payroll, so everyone wins. Encouraging self-care, stress reduction, and wellness gives enormous and lasting benefits to the growth and prosperity of every company. How can a corporation be "successful" if its success comes at the expense of its workers? How can a corporation be successful it if does not root itself in the principles of work-life balance? True work-life balance benefits the employees, their families, the corporation, the community, and the world. We must come together in both our homes and our businesses to discover a higher purpose in or lives. We can now live intentional lives and experience true happiness and balance.
A Life in Balance: Nourishing the Four Roots of True Happiness

Nautilus Book Awards Winners for 2007 (category: Self-Help/Psychology/ Personal Growth) "Like many people, Kathleen Hall found that despite great success and material wealth, she had yet to identify...

Continue Learning about Wellness

How to Be Fun, Have Fun and Stay Young
How to Be Fun, Have Fun and Stay Young
Feel like your life has done a number on your fun factor? You're not alone. Deadlines, bills and crazy-busy schedules keep most of us from cutting loo...
What are some ways sitting can hurt my health?
Sitting around -- driving, eating, working, knitting, emailing, watching TV -- is lethal. This isn't...
5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do
5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do
These simple, expert-approved health tips could save your life.
What Are Some Fashionable Shoe Styles That Won't Hurt My Feet?