The problem with Facebook is that you think you are interacting socially with others when you are not. This can lead to what psychiatrists call desensitization -- a kind of dulling of your ability to interact with people right in front of you. Add that to regular ol' alienation and you have a formula for unhappiness or even depression.
- Q How can helping others affect my health and well-being?
- Q Why are many workers dissatisfied with their jobs?
- Q What are functional disorders?
- Q What is the definition of disease?
- Q How can I live well with illness?
- Q How can I tell if someone has become suddenly ill?