How can sitting too much cause health problems?

Sitting too much can lead to health problems in many ways. It severely limits the amount of exercise you get each day. This increases your risk for heart disease. Heart disease is the No. 1 cause of death in the United States. Too little exercise is directly linked to cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks and strokes. Sitting too much also raises your risk of diabetes and some cancers. So get up and move, be it walking, jogging or dancing. 

Continue Learning about Wellness

7 Strange Things That Happen to Your Body in Space
Entrepreneur and cosmos enthusiast Elon Musk has a mission: by late 2018, he plans to send two non-astronaut civilians into space for a week-long flig...
What are the benefits of indulging in guilty pleasures?
Indulging in some of your guilty pleasures can add years to your life. Whether it’s a “mental he...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5.
What Are Some Fashionable Shoe Styles That Won't Hurt My Feet?