How will I know that I need to change?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

I can hear the collective, "Hell no, they are the ones who need to change!" I know where you are coming from. Unless you want to wait twenty years to find out for yourself, believe me when I assure you: It is not going to happen. Or, at least, you are not going to make it happen. Once this truth sets in, and you realize that you are not the king of the universe and cannot make everyone else do your bidding, as sensible and benevolent as it might be, the question that arises is "Now what?"

It became clear to me that what I needed to do was to let go of my need to blame someone else and be really honest with myself - about myself - acknowledging the fact that my behavior was partly responsible for the situation.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: Alternatives to Sugary Drinks and AFib Treatments
Q: My son and his bicycling and skateboarding buds have all fallen under the spell of marketing campaigns for sodas and power and sports drinks. I can...
Sharing Care With Special Olympics Hawaii
Driving through Honolulu on July 20 or 21, 2018, you may have noticed something strange about Aloha Tower and the IBM Building—they were both glowing ...
The Top 10 Youngest Cities of 2016
The Top 10 Youngest Cities of 2016The Top 10 Youngest Cities of 2016The Top 10 Youngest Cities of 2016The Top 10 Youngest Cities of 2016
Want to live a longer, healthier life? Go here.  By Taylor Lupo Based on a number of criteria, including diet, exercise, sleep habits, stress and mor...
5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do
5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do
These simple, expert-approved health tips could save your life. Your general practitioner's (GPs) office is your healthcare home base. Your GP has pro...