How can I keep my stem cells healthy?

Stem cells repair damaged cells throughout your body -- damage that can be caused by anything from sunburn to smoking. But as you age, you lose stem cells, which leaves you more vulnerable to stress-related conditions and less able to recover from damage to your body.

Keep your stem cells intact by avoiding the things that damage them:
  • Protect yourself from sunburn.
  • If you smoke, quit.
  • Reduce stress.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Wellness

Wellness

Wellness is a difficult word to define. Traditionally wellness has meant the opposite of illness and the absence of disease and disability. More recently wellness has come to describe something that you have personal control over. ...

Wellness is now a word used to describe living the best possible life you can regardless of whether you have a disease or disability. Your wellness is not only related to your physical health, but is a combination of things including spiritual wellness, social wellness, mental wellness and emotional wellness. Wellness is seen as a combination of mind, body and spirit. Different people may have different ideas about wellness. There is no single set standard for wellness and wellness is a difficult thing to quantify.