How important is oxygen to the body’s well-being?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

While most of us can go something like two weeks without food (I couldn't, but those explorers who get lost in blizzards supposedly can) and two days without water, we can only go about three minutes without oxygen (and after about two minutes, there is usually irreparable damage to vital organs, including the brain).

Breathing is so important that it's not something we have to remember to do. If it were left up to us, some of us would forget it the way we misplace the phone bill. Luckily, breathing isn't a task that requires us to make a conscious effort, instead, it's automatic.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Wellness

5 Surprising Ways Nature Can Improve Your Health
Improving your health may be as easy as a walk in the park. Researchers across the globe have been looking closely at how being surrounded by plants,...
Are functional disorders all in my head?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Even though they willingly prescribe medications to control these symptoms, many physicians believe ...
8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making
8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making
These seemingly harmless habits are actually sabotaging your health goals.
How Can Too Much Clutter Be Harmful to My Health?