How can I create a healthy work space if I work from home?

Samantha Reid
Health Education
To create a healthy workspace if you work from home, you can do the following:
  • Limit distractions in your workspace.
  • Have a quiet, organized, and stress free environment.
  • Have a dedicated office area.
  • Use an ergonomic chair.
  • Create a standing desk.
  • Keep healthy snacks readily accessible for those midday munchies!
Consider these ways to make your work space healthy while you're working from home:
  • Separate yourself. It's important to separate yourself from your household, especially if there are other people around while you're working. Set up a home office with a door that you can close to drown out any noise from pets, kids or the TV. This can help you remain productive and professional.
  • Get a good chair. Good posture is important. You don't want to strain your back or neck while hunched over your computer screen. Choose a chair that's comfortable, but not too comfortable. For example, your living room recliner won't position you correctly for work.
  • Control your environment. At the office, you may be at the mercy of your boss's ideal office environment. At home, you're in charge. Open your windows to let some fresh air in. Set the thermostat to whatever temperature feels most comfortable. Turn on as many lights as you need to see without squinting or dealing with glare.

Continue Learning about Wellness

These People Can Help You Reach Your Goals
Wish you could lay off the potato chips better? Then spend more time with someone who's got excellent self-control. Research shows that thinking abou...
How can I figure out who I am?
Part of the journey of finding out who you are involves finding what we like to call “your authe...
Health Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50s
Health Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50sHealth Screenings You Need in Your 40s and 50s
Detect diseases early with these crucial tests for both men and women.
What Are the Differences Between the Apple and Pear Shaped Bodies?