How can I create a healthy work space if I work from home?

Samantha Reid
Health Education
To create a healthy workspace if you work from home, you can do the following:
  • Limit distractions in your workspace.
  • Have a quiet, organized, and stress free environment.
  • Have a dedicated office area.
  • Use an ergonomic chair.
  • Create a standing desk.
  • Keep healthy snacks readily accessible for those midday munchies!
Consider these ways to make your work space healthy while you're working from home:
  • Separate yourself. It's important to separate yourself from your household, especially if there are other people around while you're working. Set up a home office with a door that you can close to drown out any noise from pets, kids or the TV. This can help you remain productive and professional.
  • Get a good chair. Good posture is important. You don't want to strain your back or neck while hunched over your computer screen. Choose a chair that's comfortable, but not too comfortable. For example, your living room recliner won't position you correctly for work.
  • Control your environment. At the office, you may be at the mercy of your boss's ideal office environment. At home, you're in charge. Open your windows to let some fresh air in. Set the thermostat to whatever temperature feels most comfortable. Turn on as many lights as you need to see without squinting or dealing with glare.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Americans’ Well-Being Is Declining—Here’s Why
Despite a consistent uptick since 2014, Americans have experienced a substantial decline in overall well-being this year, according to a survey of mor...
How can I better read my body’s signals?
Pam GroutPam Grout
This may come as a surprise to you, but your body constantly strives to be fit. It's totally self-cl...
How Your Zip Code Affects Your Health
How Your Zip Code Affects Your HealthHow Your Zip Code Affects Your HealthHow Your Zip Code Affects Your HealthHow Your Zip Code Affects Your Health
Find out where the most positive, least stressed people with the best diets live.
What Are the Differences Between the Apple and Pear Shaped Bodies?