How do free radicals affect my health?

Free radicals can cause inflammation and can damage our organs and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Free radicals cause premature aging of the cells and promote cancers. Our body can get rid of them when antioxidants and some other molecules bind with unstable free radicals to make them neutral or stable. Then they can be washed harmlessly out of the body in urine.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: High Insulin Prices and Sunscreen Damage to Coral Reefs
Q: Is there any way for me to bring down the cost of my insulin? It’s really gotten out of control and I’m on a fixed income. —Jenny F., Tampa, FL A:...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5. Americans spend around 1,790 hours a year at work. That’s a lot, and it means that what...
Get Organized Without the Stress
Get Organized Without the Stress
What Are Natural Treatments for Cold and Flu?