How should I choose a partner to help me make lifestyle changes?

Sheri D. Pruitt
When making lifestyle changes and choosing a change partner (those who, like you, are also trying to make a lifestyle change), although you don't have to be too fussy, you should follow these general guidelines:
  • Choose someone who is as committed to changing health behaviors as you are.
  • Choose a partner who has similar, but not necessarily identical, goals.
  • Choose a person whose daily schedule will allow him to work with you in making changes; for example, working out together, shopping for groceries together, or talking to one another regularly about the progress you are both making.
Living SMART: Five Essential Skills to Change Your Health Habits Forever

The myriad of books and programs that encourage people to stop smoking, get organized, spend less, or exercise more tend to focus on what or why to change, but rarely explain how to change. Living...

Continue Learning about Wellness

Are You A Fan of Team Wellness?
Are You A Fan of Team Wellness?
A funny thing happened on Dr. Mike’s way home from watching a last-second playoff victory by th...
Does my body have its own intelligence?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Your body, that thing you've been referring to as a tub of lard, is actually a miracle of the finest...
7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too
7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too
Stay motivated and get fit with these personal trainer-approved health tips.
What Are the Differences Between the Apple and Pear Shaped Bodies?