How should I care for myself if I have a sick child?

Some ways to take care of yourself when you have a sick child are:
  • Make sure you also get plenty of rest.
  • Follow good hand-washing methods to prevent spreading germs.
  • Follow a healthy diet.
  • Drink plenty of fluids.
Taking care of a sick child is tiring, especially when you have other responsibilities at home. It's important to take care of yourself so you'll have the energy to take care of your child. Whenever possible, try to do these things:
  • Keep your normal routine. Try to sleep, eat, and do other things at the times you normally do.
  • Eat well. Even if your child can't eat, you still need to. You just may not want to eat in front of him. Eat healthy foods that will build your strength.
  • Find someone to help with other responsibilities. Ask a friend or family member to help cook, run errands, or do other things that may be hard to get to.
  • Take a break now and then. Remember to get out of the house and do something for yourself now and then. It may help you feel stronger and more able to care for your child.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Reasons Why You Need to Be Honest With Your Doctor
Comedian Rodney Dangerfield loved to complain about his physician, Dr. Vinnie Boombatz, whose careless instructions often left Dangerfield in worse co...
Does your behavior control fate or does fate control you?
Basically, locus of control refers to whether you're the kind of person who believes that either the...
9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)
9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)
Boost your morning mood with these easy, expert-approved tips.
What Are Some Fashionable Shoe Styles That Won't Hurt My Feet?