How can I care for myself so that I can care for others?

Sheri D. Pruitt
Taking care of your own health is one of the most important things you can do. If you become ill, who will do the caregiving? Here are some simple ways to make sure you care for yourself:
  • Stay healthy. Make sure you eat well, get enough sleep, and exercise each day.
  • Keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings. It's a great release for your emotions.
  • Do one activity that you enjoy every day.
  • Set aside time to be with others for an evening out or having friends over to visit.
  • Ask for help from a friend, family member, or professional organization. You don't have to do this alone.
You may feel guilty about focusing on yourself, but these efforts will help you feel better and give you the strength you need to be the best caregiver possible.
Living SMART: Five Essential Skills to Change Your Health Habits Forever

The myriad of books and programs that encourage people to stop smoking, get organized, spend less, or exercise more tend to focus on what or why to change, but rarely explain how to change. Living...

Continue Learning about Wellness

5 Surprising Ways Nature Can Improve Your Health
Improving your health may be as easy as a walk in the park. Researchers across the globe have been looking closely at how being surrounded by plants,...
How can a morning shower help invigorate my senses?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Water is the ultimate source of power. Imagine the power of a heavy summer rain massaging and cl...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5.
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What are the best ways to manage procrastination?