You can take a hot bath or shower, get into a sauna or hot tub, apply a heat pad to a desired area (though that will only penetrate a couple centimeters deep), or you can simply rub your hands together to produce the heat caused by the friction. Still, the very best way to raise your body temperature is to go for a light jog - just get your heart pumping. Jogging/running is one of the easiest ways to get your heart pumping in a short amount of time and works throughout your whole body (as opposed to the heat pad).
- Q What factors determine the level of diet-induced thermogenesis in people?
- Q How can I stay healthy in middle age?
- Q Should those supporting my lifestyle changes be healthy themselves?
- Q How do our body temperature variations affect us?
- Q What effect does clothing have on my breathing?
- Q Why are many workers dissatisfied with their jobs?