A thorough and effective warm up will allow you to raise your core body temperature in preparation for physical activity. For a thorough warm up the NASM recommends starting with self myofascial release of over active or tight muscles, followed by static stretching to lengthen excessively tight muscles. This is followed by active stretches for these muscles, and finally a dynamic warm up of the whole body to help prepare the body, the muscles, and the nervous system for more advanced and complicated movements.
- Q What are the advantages of a digital bathroom scale?
- Q What are benefits of being outdoors?
- Q What do we learn from the ancient teachings about service and giving?
- Q What are some benefits of detoxification?
- Q How should I deal with people who don't support my efforts to change?
- Q What are some examples of formative reading?