Does illness affect my breathing pattern?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Obviously things like asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, laryngitis, tuberculosis, allergies, chronic sinusitis, and common colds affect breathing. But seemingly unrelated diseases such as chronic fatigue, arthritis, and epilepsy are also contributors to disordered breathing. In fact, hooray for the doctors who are starting to prescribe breathing exercises to help counteract some of these "unrelated" diseases. Even things like bad posture, snoring, and slumping can affect the way you breathe.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: Protecting Your Heart and False Positive Drug Testing
Q: My friend Linda ended up in the hospital after a heart attack. She’s only 42 and I never thought that could happen to a woman who was that young. N...
How do I practice formative reading?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
As you allow the words of the text to surround and envelop you, read as though you have all the ...
5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do
5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do5 Things GPs Wish Their Patients Would Do
These simple, expert-approved health tips could save your life.
How Do I Do a Cleansing Detox?
How Do I Do a Cleansing Detox?