How can I better read my body’s signals?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

This may come as a surprise to you, but your body constantly strives to be fit. It's totally self-cleansing, self healing, and self-maintaining. It doesn't really require a lot of help from you. Think about when you fall and skin your knee. Your body immediately forms a scab. Before you know it, that gash is healed; your knee is back to normal. Did you have to tell your body to do that? Did you have to run to the bookstore and buy an instruction manual on how to form scabs? A robin doesn't need an architectural rendering to make his nest. Likewise your body knows what to do. Face it, folks. Your pea-brain schemes are never going to cut it. You might as well surrender to the wisdom of your body. You've got to learn to trust your body. "But how?" you're probably protesting. "It's not like my body sends smoke signals." Ah, but it does. Any time you get sick or gain a few pounds you have somehow defied your body's wisdom. As you learn to breathe more fully, you can't help but get to know your body; you can't avoid hearing what your body is telling you. Breathing is the bridge. You'll know when your body is really hungry. You'll probably even know what it wants to eat. You'll begin to appreciate your body, honor it in all its magnificence.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Wellness

7 Reasons You’re Always Sweaty
7 Reasons You’re Always Sweaty
Sweating is actually a very necessary—and healthy—part of living, because it cools the body down and keeps us from overheating. But do you ever feel l...
How can I deal with burnout at work?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Experts say a solution to burnout at work is a trip to the gym. Burnout is a condition that includes...
5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness
5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness5 Critical Factors That Determine Your Wellness
These five measurements can determine whether you thrive or just survive.
How Do I Do a Cleansing Detox?
How Do I Do a Cleansing Detox?