What is the best way a woman should take care of herself?

Karen R Koenig
This means developing strategies to keep your mind active and challenged and your body healthy. It includes everything from getting medical checkups to wearing weather-appropriate clothing to finding passion in life. No surprise, but a nice girl is likely to cancel a mammogram to drive a friend to hers. If you don’t value and take care of your body, it’s going to fall apart, and then where will you be? You’ll really be dependent on others - one of your worst nightmares. Good self-care (from eating to exercise to rest) is one of the easier ways to start putting yourself first. Make a doctor’s appointment you’ve postponed, buy a new dress or pair of shoes, have your hair cut attractively, take vitamins, get some sleep, buy a novel by your favorite author. Mental self-care means getting out of ruts and routines, thinking out of the box, and challenging your brain. You are precious (in spite of your overniceness - or maybe even because of it), so let yourself sparkle.

Continue Learning about Wellness

5 Home Remedies Your Mom Was Actually Right About
Keep warm to avoid a cold or gargle with salt water to relieve a sore throat—these are just a few of the remedies your mom has suggested at one time o...
What factors affect my health status?
There are many factors that affect your level of health.  They can be divided into different cat...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5.
How Do I Know If I Am a Perfectionist?
How Do I Know If I Am a Perfectionist?