Should I ask for a raise?

Face it. Your boss doesn't want to give you a raise. It's more money away from his bottom line. But does that mean you ought to roll up into a ball of dough when talking about making more dough? No way. The truth is that women earn about 11 percent less than men with equivalent education and experience. In one interesting study, researchers told participants that they'd be paid anywhere from $3 to $10 to play Boggle. At the end, they were paid $3. And guess what happened. Eight times more men than woman asked for more money. Similarly, four times as many men than women report that they negotiate for more money during a job offer. The message: Ask, ask, ask.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Wellness

Are You A Fan of Team Wellness?
Are You A Fan of Team Wellness?
A funny thing happened on Dr. Mike’s way home from watching a last-second playoff victory by th...
How should I deal with people who don't support my efforts to change?
John C. Norcross, PhDJohn C. Norcross, PhD
Some people in your life will probably be opposed, directly or indirectly, to your self-change. Base...
Surprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your Happiness
Surprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your HappinessSurprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your HappinessSurprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your HappinessSurprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your Happiness
Simple tricks to help rejuvenate your home, de-clutter your life and clear your mind.
How Can Too Much Clutter Be Harmful to My Health?