Why should I continue to weigh myself after I lose weight?

Laura Katleman-Prue
After you reach a healthy natural size through losing weight, continue to weigh yourself so that you know, rather than speculate about, how much you weigh. That way, the pounds can't creep back on surreptitiously. If you don't let yourself gain more than a couple of pounds over your ideal weight before you do something about it, you can maintain your weight without stress or worry. You'll avoid going very far overboard with food again because you won't want to experience the consequences when you step on the scale.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Weight Maintenance

Weight Maintenance

Losing the weight is only one step in the journey to better overall health. After the weight is gone, it's all about maintenance – adopting a lifestyle that incorporates healthy eating, daily exercise and continued goal setting. A...

nd there are lots of different ways to maintain your weight that help make the lifestyle switch easier: eat breakfast daily, load up on fruits and veggies and establish manageable weight loss habits like walking once a day. All of these can be easily incorporated in your healthy weight maintenance plan and keep you from putting the pounds back on.