Why should I continue to weigh myself after I lose weight?

Laura Katleman-Prue
After you reach a healthy natural size through losing weight, continue to weigh yourself so that you know, rather than speculate about, how much you weigh. That way, the pounds can't creep back on surreptitiously. If you don't let yourself gain more than a couple of pounds over your ideal weight before you do something about it, you can maintain your weight without stress or worry. You'll avoid going very far overboard with food again because you won't want to experience the consequences when you step on the scale.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Don't Derail Your Diet, Make a YOU-Turn
Don't Derail Your Diet, Make a YOU-Turn
You're going to make wrong turns. You're going to turn left at the chili dogs, make a right at the blueberry pie and occasionally merge onto the inter...
Magic Number That Keeps Weight Off
Magic Number That Keeps Weight Off
Lost a little weight recently? Here's the magic number you need to know to keep it off: 275. That's how many extra minutes of exercise per week a stu...
How can I control my food intake to maintain weight loss?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
People who have succeeded at weight-loss maintenance use several strategies to control their foo...
Does maintaining weight loss get easier with time?
James O. HillJames O. Hill
Yes, they do. Follow the stories of people who've successfully lost weight and they'll tell you th...