Why can’t I permanently keep weight off even though I am always dieting?

Managing weight is a lifestyle, a marathon, not a sprint and sometimes it is a triathlon. For our bodies to act like and feel like we want them to; we need to first look at how we treat our bodies. Understand our choices. Do we eat whatever is in front of us most of the time and trick ourselves into thinking that we are dieting when the discipline is missing. Do we go to the gym just to check it off of our to-do list? For those who wish to lose weight- set goals and start simple. If you have struggled for a long time; try changing only one thing at a time. Maybe it is simply adding real effective time working out (break a sweat more than usual). Once you have the consistent routine with the workouts, add another thing to change. Start eating breakfast smarter. Think of the lifestyle you desire and use these building blocks to make it reality. The diet can stop and the new lifestyle is in place forever.

Laura Katleman-Prue
Dieting leads to overeating, and overeating leads to yet another diet. This is the cycle of desperation, hope, elation, deprivation, indulgence, and self-flagellation you sign on for when you listen to the ego's perspective about food and life. When you decide for the umpteenth time to go on another diet without permanently changing your relationship with food, you delude yourself into believing, despite ample evidence to the contrary, that this will be the one that works.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Simple Don't-Get-Fat Formula
Simple Don't-Get-Fat Formula
It's a fact of life: We tend to gain weight as we get older. But you'll pack on fewer pounds over the years with this simple formula. Walk 2 to 4 hou...
Prevent Weight Gain With This Sweet Treat
Arm yourself against extra pounds by munching on pears. Yep, these fresh and juicy in-season treats contain two important types of antioxidants that ...
Why should I continue to weigh myself after I lose weight?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
After you reach a healthy natural size through losing weight, continue to weigh yourself so that...
How can I achieve long-term weight control?
The best way to achieve long-term weight control is to establish healthy eating and exercise habits ...