What causes me to hit a weight loss plateau while I'm on a slow-carb diet?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
Eating too late, not eating enough protein, drinking too little water are the three most common causes of hitting a weight loss plateau.

The total percentage of bodyfat lost per month naturally decreases over time. The number of mitochondria in your muscle tissue largely determines your rate of sustained fat-loss. Targeted exercise, even just 20 minutes per week, will often double fat-loss that's plateaued, and
should do so for at least two to four months.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Prevent Weight Gain With This Sweet Treat
Arm yourself against extra pounds by munching on pears. Yep, these fresh and juicy in-season treats contain two important types of antioxidants that ...
Displacement Theory for Diets
Displacement Theory for Diets
You're less likely to see the numbers on the scale creep higher along with your age if you do this: Eat a bit more fruit with each passing year. The ...
Why might my weight fluctuate even if I'm on a healthy diet?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
Many of us who've used food for comfort and entertainment have gone on one diet after the next, ...
Why is my weight measurement important?
Ozgen DoganOzgen Dogan
Measuring waist circumference is very important. When it comes to being overweight, there are tw...