What is the key to maintaining a healthy weight?

Many of us go on a diet, but few lose weight. Studies show dieting only has a 5 to 9% success rate. For the rest of us, restricting what we eat slows our metabolism and leads us to binge down the road (a recipe for weight gain). Instead, experts say the key to maintaining a healthy weight is to change how we think about food.

One way people successfully do so is with hypnosis.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

What Your Jeans Can Tell You
What Your Jeans Can Tell You
I know so many women who are married to their scales when they should be married to their jeans. If you vacillate from triumph to despair depending o...
Don't Derail Your Diet, Make a YOU-Turn
Don't Derail Your Diet, Make a YOU-Turn
You're going to make wrong turns. You're going to turn left at the chili dogs, make a right at the blueberry pie and occasionally merge onto the inter...
How can fruits and vegetables help me manage my weight?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
A diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help you manage your weight. Here's how: Most fruits an...
Can non-exercise activity thermogenensis (NEAT) control my weight?
Deb Froehlich , NASM Elite TrainerDeb Froehlich , NASM Elite Trainer
Based on recent research and from a psychological standpoint, NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogene...