How can I achieve long-term weight control?

The best way to achieve long-term weight control is to establish healthy eating and exercise habits that you can maintain for years to come. If you're overweight and need to lose, look for a program that helps you cut calories while eating balanced proportions of foods from all food groups. You don't have to stop eating your favorite foods. Instead, find lower-calorie versions of them. You’ll want to increase physical activity as well.

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Do You Know How Much You Really Eat?
Do You Know How Much You Really Eat?
When Arnold Schwarzenegger confronts his altered memories in the 1990 movie Total Recall, what he thinks about his wife, his job, and even his own nam...
How to Stop the Lose-Gain Weight Cycle
How to Stop the Lose-Gain Weight Cycle
In their own way, classical cellist Yo-Yo Ma and feminist hip-hop innovator Yoyo make inspiring, gut-grabbing music. That’s a lot more than can be sai...
How can I achieve long-term weight loss?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
When it comes to weight loss, it is important to set realistic goals and time frames. A good startin...
How can fruits and vegetables help me manage my weight?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
A diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help you manage your weight. Here's how: Most fruits an...