How can I achieve long-term weight control?

The best way to achieve long-term weight control is to establish healthy eating and exercise habits that you can maintain for years to come. If you're overweight and need to lose, look for a program that helps you cut calories while eating balanced proportions of foods from all food groups. You don't have to stop eating your favorite foods. Instead, find lower-calorie versions of them. You’ll want to increase physical activity as well.

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

A Simple Way to Prevent Weight Gain
A Simple Way to Prevent Weight Gain
Want to keep that number on the scale right where it is for the next dozen or so years? Here's the 60-minute secret that will make it so: daily walkin...
Can Coffee Make You Fat?
Can Coffee Make You Fat?
Want to gain 20 pounds this year? Didn't think so. So pay extra close attention to what goes into your coffee. A study broke down the calorie count o...
How much can my weight fluctuate in one day?
Heidi PowellHeidi Powell
The amount a person's weight can fluctuate every day really depends on that individual's body. In th...
Why do I find it difficult to keep off the weight I've lost?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Is your brain sabotaging your attempts to keep weight off? In this video, Dr. Robin Miller explains ...