How can fruits and vegetables help me manage my weight?

A diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help you manage your weight. Here's how:
  • Most fruits and vegetables are low in calories. You can eat a lot of them without upsetting the balance between your food intake and your energy output.
  • Fruits can help you satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way. So can many vegetables -- remember the taste of fresh tomatoes, sweet corn, and carrots?
  • Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Many contain antioxidants -- substances that protect your body cells from damage (like "rust-proofing" for your body).

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Weight Maintenance

Weight Maintenance

Losing the weight is only one step in the journey to better overall health. After the weight is gone, it's all about maintenance – adopting a lifestyle that incorporates healthy eating, daily exercise and continued goal setting. A...

nd there are lots of different ways to maintain your weight that help make the lifestyle switch easier: eat breakfast daily, load up on fruits and veggies and establish manageable weight loss habits like walking once a day. All of these can be easily incorporated in your healthy weight maintenance plan and keep you from putting the pounds back on.