Why should I weigh myself regularly if I'm trying to lose weight?

It is important to keep track of your weight if you are trying to lose weight. Remember that your weight will fluctuate by two to four pounds during the day and that hormonal changes and some medications may affect weight as well. Weighing yourself regularly will help identify these trends and provide a more accurate idea of how well your efforts are working. Most importantly, it will help you recognize weight gain. The scale does not lie.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

3 Weight Loss Strategies to Ditch
3 Weight Loss Strategies to Ditch
Every day new patients arrive at my office with a variety of health issues that need to be addressed—and weight problems are close to the top of the l...
How can medication help me to lose weight?
Daniel A. Dumesic, MDDaniel A. Dumesic, MD
Weight-loss medications are all focused on managing satiety, or appetite. Medications that have been...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Does Emotional Eating Tend to Be an Issue for Men?