When should prescription drugs be considered for weight loss?

Prescription drugs may be considered for weight loss when a person is obese and has attempted a comprehensive lifestyle program that includes a healthy diet and exercise, but who has not lost 5 percent or more of body weight after three to six months. However, the effectiveness of weight loss medications is debatable, and they can have significant side effects, so not all doctors feel cofortable prescribing these medications.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Fat Busters: The Secret Is in Changing Your Routine
When Melissa McCarthy shed 75 pounds (from the 265 pounds she had on her 5’2” frame), she did it right—losing slowly and steadily, sticking with a get...
How can I lose weight successfully?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
Losing weight is simple; it is just not so easy. I believe when this question arises it could be ref...
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss?
Halt Hunger With Milk, Olive Oil and Water