When does eating too much become food addiction?

Dr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Addiction Medicine

Being addicted to food is like being addicted to any drug. In this video, Katie Lucas and Dr. Mike Dow sit backstage at the Dr. Oz show and discuss the chemicals released by the brain when eating and how it can lead to addiction.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Don't Blame Yourself
Don't Blame Yourself
Most diets aren’t about action; they’re about thoughts. You spend so much time thinking about not having food, that you develop only two sets of stand...
I am trying to lose weight and am at a plateau, am I in starvation mode?
Heather Campbell, NASM Elite TrainerHeather Campbell, NASM Elite Trainer
If you have hit a weight loss plateau, you are not in starvation mode. You have actually reached a s...
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight6 Simples Changes That Can Help You Lose Weight
Use the summer to get fit, eat healthier and live better
3 Everyday Eating Mistakes
3 Everyday Eating Mistakes