What kind of weight-loss program will help me lose weight successfully?

A program that promotes learning. It is so important to understand the basics of healthy living - eating wholesome nutritious foods in the right portions and getting the right amount of exercise or simply "movement" in our life. Too often, quick weight loss approaches are taken that do not require us to learn what works for us. An important part of the process when working towards weight loss is to learn what works and what doesn't so that at some level, we can continue the new healthy changes after we have reached our weight loss goal.

If you want to lose weight, choose behavioral programs if you need extra motivation. This depends on the individual, but the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force funded a study that found that weight-loss programs that focus on changing behaviors with eating plans were more successful. These include commercial programs like Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and other plans that involve group support, accountability, clear goals, and exercise encouragement.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

The Where, Who, When Weight Loss Trick
The Where, Who, When Weight Loss Trick
As the Golden State Warriors saw the last four-plus minutes tick off the clock in game seven of the NBA championship without scoring a point, Steph Cu...
What is the weight-loss equation?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
My weight loss equation is simple: MEALMove - You have to move to lose; my motto is a minimum of 10,...
How to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
How to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health BuddyHow to Find the Perfect Health Buddy
Get tips from Dr. Mike Roizen’s latest book, This is YOUR Do-Over.
At What Time Should I Stop Eating At Night If I Want to Lose Weight?